Welcome to Ms. Fallica’s Biology Class!
While we are out of school, it is important that you continue learning! MCAS is still coming, and there are specific things you need to learn to move up to the next grade. You can continue looking here for updated assignments and work that you should be doing on your own.
3/18/20-3/27/20: Cell Division and Mitosis Continued
- Cell Division Gizmo
- Cell Division Gizmo Worksheet
Mitosis and Cell Division Videos:
Log in at the Pearson Realize website and click on “classes.” You will see these activities listed in your assignments page. Remember to look under the “in Progress” tab if you start something and have to go back to it later. Also, don’t forget to turn in work as you complete it.
- Simulation: Exploring the Cell Cycle
- Foundations (Page 132-133 only)
- Mitosis Quiz (finish all of the mitosis and cell division work first)
3/25/20-4/3/20: DNA Structure
- dna_coloring: If you have a printer, print this out and color it using the code. If you don’t have a printer, do your best to draw it and color it. Answer the questions on the second page.
- ExploreLearning_Building DNA worksheet: follow the directions on the worksheet to use the gizmo, and answer the questions for each activity.
Pearson Realize Assignments:
- Interactivity: DNA Structure
- Interactive Video: Analyzing DNA structure
- Quiz: The structure of DNA
Remember: take a picture of your completed work and share it with me on the google drive: firstname.lastname@example.org or email it to me, so I can give you feedback.
Return to this page on 4/6/20 to see next week’s assignments:
- Read Chapter 13.3 in Pearson and take two-column notes.
- Answer the 13.3 Lesson Review questions and the reading checks in the e-text.
- DNA Replication Guided Notes